If you are an existing E*TRADE customer and would like to use the Developer Platform for your own benefit, check out the FAQ on how to get started.
We welcome developers, software vendors, and others who want to provide E*TRADE customers with innovative investing and trading solutions. Using the E*TRADE Developer Platform, you can easily and securely integrate customer information including portfolio information and account positions, market data, and trade execution. Check out some of the applications that use the Developer Platform for ideas on how to leverage the platform.
To get started with the E*TRADE Developer Platform, you will need to do the following:
- To get sandbox access, send us a secure message (Subject: Technical Issues; Topic: E*TRADE API) requesting access to the sandbox. Be sure to tell us that you are a vendor so you can build solutions for multiple customers. You will receive access in 5 business days.
- When you are ready to test your app in a production / live environment, you will need to:
- Open an E*TRADE business brokerage account for your company. We require this as proper identification of your company. We encourage you to start this process early in case you need time to gather documentation and signatures on your side.
- Fund your account to ensure it stays open and in good standing.
- From your new business brokerage account, send us a secure message (Subject: Technical Issues; Topic: E*TRADE API) requesting production access. You will need to sign the API license agreement [link to license agreement] and amendment [link to license amendment]. Once E*TRADE receives your agreements, we will provide production keys within 5 business days.
- Prior to making your app available to the public, E*TRADE must review your app to ensure you have implemented OAuth correctly, have not misused the E*TRADE brand / logo in your customer experience, and other considerations. Releasing your app to the public without E*TRADE’s express approval will result in your production keys being inactivated.
If you have questions, send us a secure message (Subject: Technical Issues; Topic: E*TRADE API) and we will follow up with you.
Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing how you use the E*TRADE Developer Platform!